Thursday, February 2, 2012

Another Reason I Love Being a Homeschool Family

A 60 degree day in February, northern Virginia. While everyone else is stuck inside at school and work, we finished our lessons early and were getting ready to head outside. Sita had the great idea "Why don't we make mud pies?" So we headed to our creek...

Sita hard at work being creative.

Two "chocolate" birthday mud pies.

The sound of moving water.

The song of water dancing over the rocks made it perfect for an afternoon nap...

She took my spot!

The sweet lullaby of nature.

Alina making her own creations.

But she didn't miss out on the mud and water play.

My muddy girl.

Sita happily proclaimed "getting muddy is awesome!" That's my girl! 

1 comment:

Éphée Lafée said...

I rememerber that feeling of being free when I was homeschooling... No schedule...
Enjoy!