Thursday, January 19, 2012

Not so Crafty - My Work

Just a few less-than-perfect photos of my less-than-perfect craft projects...

A felted purse - needs more felting.

My first sweater. Made from one of those craft store booklets. With awful synthetic yarn - it's darn scratchy. Oh, and it is not pretty on the seams - I don't like the finishing part. At all. That's why the pattern I am using now is seamless. So glad for ravelry - a free site for knitters and crocheters .

Current sweater project...
A nice wool blend sweater from ravelry - girls-cap-sleeved-spring-shirt. No finishing, just knit and wear!

This was a free knit pattern from ravelry. Quick and easy. Great way to use up some of the excess yarn in my stash.


From soulemama tutorial. Very quick hat. I used baby llama wool, incredibly soft and warm.
Here is Sita's...


"Blue Cloud Afghan", from Knitting Green book. This is a beautiful book, and there are a number of great patterns I plan to try.

The yarn is a luxurious hand painted mixture of merino, alpaca, silk and Donegal produced by Araucania Yarns, a group of dedicated  artists and designers dedicated to supporting local sustainable job development in Chile. This lace pattern begins and ends the afghan, the rest is ribbed in mistake pattern. I started it last spring. It is my "in-between" project time, or my "too tired to do anything else" project.

I only recently tried my hand at needle felting. Alina loves the story of "Goldilocks and the Three Bears", so I decided to create the characters. Now, these are probably my third attempt, as I have re-worked these poor bears. First they were just sort of brown shapeless things. My second working I felt better about. Until Sita proclaimed "they look like gorillas!" Third attempt and I am done, for better or worse....

I really hope I can get better with practice.

These are the fairies I made. Sean and Sita were so impressed that I made these, they each wanted to make one themselves. Sean was convinced we could make our fortune selling these on eBay...until I showed him some of the needle felted works available on etsy...

So these are some of the crafts this very uncrafty mom has undertaken in the last year. It's been fun, and challenging, and rewarding.

I would love to hear some of your crafty adventures, or misadventures.
Michelle

No comments: