Thursday, March 1, 2012

One of Those Days...

Last evening my very perceptive husband stopped off on the way home from work to pick up a new bottle of wine for me...

He put it into the freezer for a quick chill, and we promptly went to bed and forgot all about it. Fortunately today was a good day, otherwise I might have been serving myself wine popsicles early this morning.

Yesterday was cold, heavy rains, and my sweet toddler Alina was in a REALLY BAD MOOD. In fact, I was worried about her health, since she was acting so out of character. She spent most of the day upset about little things, in my arms nursing, or clinging to me in tears. No fevers, no runny noses, no rashes or anything else I could see. She just wasn't happy. So I spent the day holding her. Not an easy thing to do, she is a very tall two-year old.

It was hard letting go of everything that I needed and wanted to do yesterday. And yes, I felt more than a little resentful. I didn't have a moment to myself yesterday, I couldn't even poop in peace. (I know, too much information, but you KNOW what I am talking about!) Husband has been particularly stressed at work, and he has the cold I had last week. So he has not been at his best, which makes everything harder for me.

I had a little meltdown last night. You know, where you lock yourself in the bathroom and cry as quietly as you can. Wash your face, blow your nose, and come out trying to look normal?

I did end up with some time to myself last night, even though I stayed up much later than normal. Despite the lack of sleep, I felt much better in the morning.

As for Alina? Turns out, I believe she has a yeast infection. She is much better today, with a little yogurt smoothie in her (thanks to big brother Sean's smoothie expertise), lots of love and attention, and a little bit of medicine as well.

Today the sun is shining and we have temperatures in the 60's. The girls got to play in the mud, and I got to spend some time doing something enjoyable - yard and gardening work.


With a little bit of help.

Meanwhile the wine is defrosting, dinner is all ready, and husband is coming home early today.

The difficult days of being a mother are short and everything changes in time. There will be more days when wine popsicles seem appealing first thing in the morning, but for today, tea and toast started the day.
Michelle

No comments: