Sunday, January 29, 2012

Chalkboard for Our Homeschool

I don't know why I waited so long, but we are finally making ourselves a large blackboard for our school work. And I am so excited!

I mentioned it hesitantly to Husband last week and was surprised at how supportive he was. Immediately he went and got the paint and board, and has been working hard all week to finish the painting and add some trim. (He's great like that.)

Here is our before and after photos...

Chalkboard paint

Flat board


Bottom piece husband decided to purchase to hold the chalk


Finished board
Now I have to practice board writing and drawing. I have some lovely examples I pinned at Pinterest.
And I am anxiously awaiting my order from Meadowsweet Naturals of dust-free chalk and colored chalk.

If I manage any decent drawings, I will let you know!

No comments: