Saturday, January 28, 2012

Mornings on The Beach

I spent a number of years growing up on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. As an adult I moved away several times, but kept returning. I still have family, friends, a family home and many, many fond memories of the Outer Banks. And my oldest two children still talk about their "growing up" on the Outer Banks. While it is a vacation spot for so many, it will always feel like home to us.

I loved being there all year long. It was a joy driving to work each morning and returning home each evening as I watched the sun rising and falling over the sounds and ocean. The ocean, like the sky, changes from moment to moment and season to season. Here is a sequence of photos, taken at sunrise.









It turned out to be a cloudy, overcast day. But you would never had known from the fire of the sunrise.

No comments: